Varied STOP errors, crashes, system failures....HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer crashed a couple weeks ago, to the point that it would not even turn on or boot from CD, nothing. I have replaced the Motherboard, and the hard drive since then, so this cannot possibly be virus related. I just installed Windows Vista Ultimate on the new hard drive, and it crashed twice during the install process, both accompanied by BSOD. The first one was a STOP: 0x000000A Driver_IRQL_LESS_OR EQUAL, second was 0x000000D1 PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA. On the old hard drives I had managed to get Windows installed and running, but it would often crash. This happened several ways. It could just straight shut down/restart, it could go for a screen freeze, or it would freeze the screen and scramble the picture (looking sort of like those optical illusion pictures, or a painting by a bad Impressionist era painter). The crashes also seemed to be random. They have happened during shutdown, startup, gaming, or just doing absolutely nothing. If anyone can shed some light on this I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

not sure how often i will get back into the forum here. e-mail would be fastest
feegis2000@hotmail.com

Assuming you have enough memory, and that is is not damaged or defective:

"...accompanied by BSOD. The first one was a STOP: 0x000000A Driver_IRQL_LESS_OR EQUAL, second was 0x000000D1 PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA..."
These are frequently errors caused by no driver or wrong driver for an important component such as the video graphics.
It seems you have a bad video graphics port or card, or a bad driver or chipset.
I would disable all that stuff, and run a new install of the Chipset, Video graphics, and all other drivers for that motherboard...

thanks...i threw in my old graphics card, and it seems (cross fingers) to be working for the moment. would the graphics card have likely been the start of everything in the first place? is that likely to cause a complete crash where the computer will not even start? or would that have occured after the mobo replacement etc?

Yes, it could In fact, I would go so far as to say your experience is typical.
You might want to be sure the old driver, if relevant, has been disabled or removed.
Sometimes you will gat a complete crash, but it still should start in SAFE MODE where it is bypassing the fancy video graphics stuff for a basic low-resolution instlal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back