Ventrilo: Unable to activate DirectSound for selected device. DirectSoundCaptureCreate failed.

[FONT=Verdana]Whenever I start up vent I'm getting a error: [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]Unable to activate DirectSound for selected device.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]DirectSoundCaptureCreate failed. HR=DSERR_NODRIVER. No sound driver is available for use[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]Operating on Windows 7.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]I recently just switched out my mobo for another one, MSI Z77 MPower Big Bang Motherboard, and my GPU for a EVGA GTX 760.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]Whenever I installed all the new things and went in and ran the drivers for the new mobo/GPU everything worked fine and didn't really have any issues. I then started up vent for raid and got that error. I went in and uninstalled and reinstalled all my sounds, mobo, and GPU drivers. I then went and tried to reinstall directX with the runtime installer and it kept crashing due to some weird error. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]I'm currently using Razer Tiamats as my sound. I originally had a sound card instead pre-new mobo, but I took it out since I was unsure if it was causing the problem, also uninstalled all the drivers for it, and the problem stayed. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]Here's my dxdiag: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana]https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]Also whenever I try to go into the setup of ventrilo, ventrilo freezes and I can't do anything with it. On a side note I'm also having an issue with mumble freezing/crashing whenever execute the program.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]If anyone has any idea of a way to fix this please let me know!!! Also if you need more information let me know. Thanks all!!![/FONT]

Back