Verizon is reportedly planning to carry OnePlus devices in 2020

Polycount

Staff
In context: OnePlus' smartphones are becoming increasingly popular over time, and there's a good reason for that: the company makes solid phones at affordable prices. Unfortunately, the Chinese phonemaker's devices aren't available as upgrade or purchase options for all US carriers. The phones can be snagged as part of T-Mobile and Sprint plans, but the other big two carriers -- Verizon and AT&T -- haven't officially sold them so far.

Obviously, this is not an ideal state of affairs for US customers. Many ordinary phone users can't afford to pay a lump sum of over $500 for a single device and would prefer to cover the cost through payments tied to their monthly phone bill.

Fortunately, moving forward, that could be possible for Verizon subscribers. Android Police has been informed by sources "familiar with the matter" that Verizon and OnePlus have entered into a partnership, which will see the former begin to carry the latter's devices sometime in 2020.

It's not clear what devices will be available through Verizon, unfortunately, but newer flagships like the upcoming OnePlus 7T seem like obvious inclusions. OnePlus will likely also try to get some of its (somewhat) cheaper, more value-oriented devices like the $500 OnePlus 6T on the network if possible; but that's just speculation on our part.

A 2020 timeframe for this deal makes sense for both OnePlus and Verizon: right now, the US and China are still embroiled in a bitter trade war, and upcoming tariffs (of up to 15 percent) could negatively impact any such agreements if they were to occur soon in the near future. By mid-2020, though, perhaps these global tensions (and, by extension, tariffs) will have cooled down.

At any rate, while an agreement between Verizon and OnePlus seems inevitably at some point, we should reiterate that Android Police's information has not been officially confirmed by either company just yet. As such, feel free to take the report with a grain of salt until we see an official announcement.

Image credit: Ft. Wayne by Shutterstock. OnePlus 7 Pro by Juan Garzon.

Permalink to story.

Cant wait to shop for xiaomi and vivo devices at tmobile.
I am a huge fan of always improving designs of those brands.

I honestly have no idea who Oneplus is, who makes them...

It's a medium size company based in China that makes no compromise phones for less then the competition. Their last gen flagship phone was $670 USD and it garnered very positive reviews, even when comparing against rival flagship products with significantly higher price tags.

Honestly I've not been a fan of my S10 so I may just hop ship. Samsung and Apple just keep raising prices and their device hardly even feel premium anymore. My Moto X had features my S10 still doesn't have, things I thought were basic like seeing the time if you waved your hand over the screen or chopped twice to turn on the flashlgiht (you know, actually using the phone sensors to improve productivity).

Cant wait to shop for xiaomi and vivo devices at tmobile.
I am a huge fan of always improving designs of those brands.
Just get the budget Google pixel, I have the 3a XL and it was way better than either my TMobile brand phone or the xiaomi. The head aches aren't worth saving a hundred bucks

Just get the budget Google pixel, I have the 3a XL and it was way better than either my TMobile brand phone or the xiaomi. The head aches aren't worth saving a hundred bucks
Some of them were good. Those that LG made for them had quality issues. I had LG phones. They had quality issues.
For now I will not buy LG or Sony device. They charge near premium price for those,
but the quality doesnt compare to what I had with Samsung.

It's a medium size company based in China that makes no compromise phones for less then the competition. Their last gen flagship phone was $670 USD and it garnered very positive reviews, even when comparing against rival flagship products with significantly higher price tags.

Honestly I've not been a fan of my S10 so I may just hop ship. Samsung and Apple just keep raising prices and their device hardly even feel premium anymore. My Moto X had features my S10 still doesn't have, things I thought were basic like seeing the time if you waved your hand over the screen or chopped twice to turn on the flashlgiht (you know, actually using the phone sensors to improve productivity).
My OnePlus 7 Pro is the best phone I have ever owned, Period. Everyone who borrow's it off me or gives it a try are instantly impressed, the screen, the pop-up camera, the shear speed of the thing. It puts pretty much all high end handsets to shame for £500 less.

Edit: I think to put this in perspective, my brother is a massive iPhone guy, not once have I seen him show off his phone and anyone be legitimately wow'ed. And his phone was £600 more than mine.

Edit: I think to put this in perspective, my brother is a massive iPhone guy, not once have I seen him show off his phone and anyone be legitimately wow'ed. And his phone was £600 more than mine.

I didn't buy my iPhone for "show & tell".

I bought my XS MAX512GB to make 5 hour long 4K videos and then finalize them on the phone before uploading them to YouTube.

Yeah, the popup camera is cute, but I don't trust longevity of moving parts in smartphones.

My OnePlus 7 Pro is the best phone I have ever owned, Period. Everyone who borrow's it off me or gives it a try are instantly impressed, the screen, the pop-up camera, the shear speed of the thing. It puts pretty much all high end handsets to shame for £500 less.

Same here. I LOVED my OnePlus 3t and saw no reason to upgrade to more recent phones... until my kiddo dropped it and cracked the screen. I had it replaced locally and it just wasn't the same quality. I just made the plunge for a 7 Pro and OMG I'm in love all over again. There's absolutely nothing this phone cannot do.

I didn't buy my iPhone for "show & tell".

I bought my XS MAX512GB to make 5 hour long 4K videos and then finalize them on the phone before uploading them to YouTube.

Yeah, the popup camera is cute, but I don't trust longevity of moving parts in smartphones.
Cool Story Bro, let me see if I can do the same thing... Oh, I can! for £700 less! Crazy!

I very rarely take a selfie, like, maybe twice a year? so even if it did break, couldn't care less. There's been no wide spread issues with the mechanism and OnePlus has gone to pretty extensive lengths to prove it's reliable.

Not saying the iPhone is a bad phone, it isn't, but damn, the OnePlus is right up there with it and you can buy two of them for the same price. There definitely isn't an extra £700 of phone in the iPhone, that's just fact.

Back