Very choppy scrolling in all applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mechakingkong

Can anyone help? I just got a new motherboard installed and all my scrolling is choppy. Any ideas as to why this happens?Thanks in advance

That will happen when you don't install a graphics driver. For that matter, did you install the motherboard chipset, LAN and audio drivers too?

mailpup is right here. Graphics card driver will need to be installed. Even though you can see your computer screen you might notice that everything is probably REALLY big. Install your graphics card and make sure you have "windows update" up to date.

Thank you mailpup and morpheus1021.Morpheus you're right everything is really big:( . Mailpup i did not install it myself, a technician did it for me so i don't know if all these drivers you mention were properly installed. It's an asus m2n68-am se2 and i have the installation cd if that helps. Will inserting the installation cd help?:(

This has a Nvidia onboard video on it. Go to http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us and click "Graphics Driver" under option: 2. Install the ActiveX and Hawsdawg when it prompts you. Then install the driver. Reboot your computer and you should be all set. I would suggest clicking the link above using Internet Explorer as I have heard many people say that Nvidia's website is not Firefox friendly.

A couple of my PC have Nvidia cards so I regularly check the site morpheus1021 linked to. I use Firefox and have not had any problems with the site although I always manually download the drivers under option one. I've never tried option 2.

If you have the CD for the motherboard it should have the chipset driver for the motherboard. Try to install this. Also, run windows update and make sure everything is up to date. Then refer back to the link posted. It should allow you to do option 2.

Success! Scrolling is at normal speed thanks to you guys. You guys are of great help, that's why this is my favorite pc help site and that's why i keep coming back for the best info! :grinthumb

that happened to me, randomly didn't do a THING to my computer, and it was a virus. once I removed it was fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back