Very confused and need some help :)

Skycptn

Greetings everyone:

I have a few questions to put before the House (and thank you all very much in advance):

First my specs, which I think will help with the questions: Windows 7 64-bit, i5-750 OC to 3.3, ASUS P7P55D PRO motherboard, Radeon 5870, Ghz, Antec 750 PSU, 4 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz memory.

1. CPU-Z hows more core speed at 1446.0 Mhz, multiplier x 9.0, with a bus speed of 160.7 Mhz. I have my system OC in BIOS to 3.3 Ghz. I also have Intel's speed step and turbo boost enabled. Is there any way to calculate or make CPU-Z show my OC?

2. Under the memory tab in CPU-Z is lists the Channels as "Single." But I have dual-channel capability with my mobo, and I swear I have the two memory sticks in exactly where the instructions say to place them. Is it possible CPU-Z simply isn't correctly identifying dual channel? Should I try the other 2 slots instead of the 2 I'm using now?

3. DRAM frequency: In BIOS, when I OC to 3.3 Ghz, I get 3 choices for DRAM settings, one of which is 1600 Mhz, and that's what I've been using. But when I look at OC guides/instructions, they opt to choose a lower Mhz, like 1333 or something like that. Should I be using a lower Mhz too?

4. Registry cleaner: Can anyone recommend a good -- free -- registry cleaner? I liked RegCure a lot but can no longer afford it.

My system has been totally stable and is great for gaming. It seems to me quite fast, but I just noticed these possible issues and so I'm looking for all of your thoughts. Thanks everyone who responded to my past postings re my OC and temps which reassured me that mid to upper 30s are just fine.

THANKS AGAIN !!!

1. CPU-Z hows more core speed at 1446.0 Mhz, multiplier x 9.0, with a bus speed of 160.7 Mhz. I have my system OC in BIOS to 3.3 Ghz. I also have Intel's speed step and turbo boost enabled. Is there any way to calculate or make CPU-Z show my OC?
Put your CPU on load.

2. Under the memory tab in CPU-Z is lists the Channels as "Single." But I have dual-channel capability with my mobo, and I swear I have the two memory sticks in exactly where the instructions say to place them. Is it possible CPU-Z simply isn't correctly identifying dual channel? Should I try the other 2 slots instead of the 2 I'm using now?
I forgot why but I think thats normal.

3. DRAM frequency: In BIOS, when I OC to 3.3 Ghz, I get 3 choices for DRAM settings, one of which is 1600 Mhz, and that's what I've been using. But when I look at OC guides/instructions, they opt to choose a lower Mhz, like 1333 or something like that. Should I be using a lower Mhz too?
Only if you want it to run slower.

Back