Very low FPS in Team Fortress 2

Hazard

Hi,

I have a Q6600 CPU clocked @ 2.4 ghz
GTX 260 graphics card, ( i overclocked it, but other games work fine
2gb ram

Until 3 months ago TF2 worked just fine almost maxing the 60 fps limit.
Suddenly in SLIGHTLY intense moments im lucky if i get 5 - 10 fps!!
please help

As a '' benchmark '' i Play resident evil 5 and my FPS are 55 - 60.

probably due to a steam client update, which is not uncommon to say the least.

try posting the issue on steam forums

installed new drivers recently?

yh installed a few ( drivers ) and yh a few updates.
I dont have any mods tho, well i had a skin installed but it vanished now...

Mods can act as a really bad person sometimes. They can **** up a game easily. Can you list your computer specs please.

Specs;

CPU: QuadCore Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, 1600 MHz
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-P31-DS3L
Mem: 2046 MB ( 2GB )
Video: Nvidia Geforce GTX 260
HDD: 298 GB HDD
Sound: Realtek ALC888/1200 HD

i said it before and ill say it again, i dont have mods installed :)

maybe check the game's file fragments within steam... because that setup is fine for TF2 and most other source engine games.

Like EXCell had said before, it may be a good idea to fragment TF2's game files through Steam. If that fails,you could try to uninstall and then reinstall TF2,but I don't really know if that will help much...

ummm how do i do that? XD

i don't remember the exact location, but from your games list you need to bring up the game's properties by right-clicking. a window should pop up and under one of the tabs it should show how fragmented the game files are. it probably won't be a lot, as steam keeps its games quite optimized on the disk, but i've had to defrag a few of my installations. not a big deal, takes like 5min tops.

i don't remember the exact location, but from your games list you need to bring up the game's properties by right-clicking. a window should pop up and under one of the tabs it should show how fragmented the game files are. it probably won't be a lot, as steam keeps its games quite optimized on the disk, but i've had to defrag a few of my installations. not a big deal, takes like 5min tops.

Correct. Try that and tell us what happens.

Correct. Try that and tell us what happens.

well i defragmented the Team fortress 2 game file and there IS a 5fps increase, however im still getting really slow fps :( :/

EDIT: ok im defragmenting with steam now XD i didnt notice you told me to do it with steam, ill edit again to see what happened.

EDIT 2: no difference....

Back