Very nasty infection from thekeys.ws. 8-step guide obstructed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all!

I have gotten a terrible virus from thekeys.ws

I tried following your updated 8-step preliminary guide, but ran into a list of problems.

First of, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware will not launch and displays the following messages both during installation and when Im trying to launch it:

vbAccelerator SGrid II Cont

error: 404

and

error: 0

Second, I am not allowed to download SuperAntiSpyware Home Edition Free Version. Something or someone appears to be blocking my access to selected servers.

Thirdly, when I try to install Avira Free I get an errormessage when the installation is almost done.

Additionally I am not allowed to download Avast! - All links appear to be "bad".

I tried to launch RSIT (which was recommended in the earlier 8-step guide) but got this message:

Random's system information tool - AutoIt Error Line -1:

Error: Variable used without being declared

I did manage to get a RootRepeal log (which was also recommended in the earlier guide) - I cannot include it here as it is too long, but if it will be of any help, please let me know.

Other symptoms:

When I try to access the windows control panel through start -> control panel I recieve the message: Explorer.exe - the program could not be found. When I access the controlpanel through "my computer" however, I have no problems.

___

also Internet Explorer (I have Mozilla Firefox as my default browser and never use IE) appears to communicate with: http(colon)//russia.2288.org/2x.htm
____

upon startup, I recieve an error-message related to the file msxm192z.dll
____

When I had AVG installed (I later uninstalled it to make room for some of the other antivir programs you recommend) it seemed to have a problem with Win32/Heur, finding "white-listed" files that should be infected.
____

Please help! I tried browsing your forum and other places on the net, but to no avail. I simply cannot get rid of this annoying virus and I do not now what to do. I have tried a long list of anti-virus programs, such as AVG, Comodo and others - all failing to heal the computer. The virus blocks the programs or disables their "guard mode".

I will be very grateful for any help!

Reinstall Windows... This statement should bring some attention. Hopefully good helpful attention ;)

This virus seem so aggressive and 'well-written', that Im afraid a reinstall would shut my system down completely. I have some chess-analysis and original scores that has not yet been backed up, so I do not dare to try a reinstall.

Don't anybody know anything that can be done?

Please, Im hanging off the edge of the cliff here

all the best
Rune

Ok Rune, lets try regaining some control of your computer. Is it possible for you do do a virus scan in Safe Mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back