VGN-AX570G Sony Vaio BIOS dump needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need the BIOS dump of VGN-AX570G Vaio .
Should be from working unit (not unpacked from factory update file) - this for repair use .
If anyone have such dump please send PM .

Why can't you get support from Sony? Can you get the latest bios update from Sony's website, clear the laptops bios and reapply the bios update through the use of a floppy or CD Drive. If you got the "dump" how would you apply it? By programning another bios/CMOS chip, and soldering it to the original motherboard?

Remzibi knows what he wants, so I'd just leave it that.

I'm assuming he has access to an EEPROM programmer. That means remzibi need the BIOS file in a format which that the programmer can understand, which is almost universally binary. No doubt, Sony doesn't offer binary ROM files outside of a self-installing winflash utility which can't be run on any computer but the VGN-AX570G.

The first thing I'd do is try to figure out how to extra the binary ROM from the setup cabs (or whatever they use). It won't be straight forward and I don't have a suggestion on how to do it... But it is in there somewhere.

And obviously, if you can get access to another working VGN-AX570G, it may also be possible to dump the BIOS into a binary ROM file using a utility. I know both the DOS-based AMI and Award flash utilities can do this and there are other 3rd party utilities such as Uniflash (I haven't seen that around in a loooong time. heh). I think that's what you're asking for here -- but the chances of someone having this particular laptop *and* the desire to copy their BIOS ROM for you are probably pretty slim. :-(

I'm assuming he has access to an EEPROM programmer. That means remzibi need the BIOS file in a format which that the programmer can understand, which is almost universally binary. No doubt, Sony doesn't offer binary ROM files outside of a self-installing winflash utility which can't be run on any computer but the VGN-AX570G. ...(

Laptop is dead - so no flash possible in normal way .
Extracting of update.exe file is also no problem - but this file will not work in this model like that .
Uniflash will not do the job , as it not reading all chip in this model .

The only solution is to find someone with access to good or broken VGN-AX570G board , who can made phisical BIOS dump from BIOS chip - using external programer - chip is TSOP40 29LV008BB , so it is question for an advanced electronics to help .
Or can unsolder chip from broken board and send it to me to read it :) .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back