Video and USB device loss

I am running Win 7 64 on a built PC. I had a gforce 9500 and 4 gigs of RAM on a Asus M4A77TD mobo. I upgraded to a GTX 550 Ti 2g and 8 gigs of 1600 RAM.

Just before I upgraded and the partial reason for the upgrade was the 9500 was making a weird grinding sound and the com started losing signal to the video card and the usb connections (Keyboard and mouse).

I thought installing the new equipment would fix the issue, but alas it has not. Its not after anything specific that it happens. I was running a game for 2 hours and it happened, I also left my comp on over night and it happened when I got up in the morning. It would seem to be more a time or length of time the computer is on that it will happen.

Any thoughts, help or solutions?

Thanks guys!

You put in a lot better graphic card and you increased the RAM.

Still on the same power supply?

Thats my thoughts, replace the power supply with something good.

Well, ok then.

Sorry I'm not any more help, but it just sounded, originally, like a lack of power issue. If you are sure you have enough power then I'm out of helpful advice. Hopefully someone else will respond.

No I appriciate the help, and any ideas are helpful. I'm just stumped. Recent turn of events, now it turned off video and usb connections and when I went to flick the master power in the back and turn it back on all the lights and fans clicked on for about .100ths of a second and then It wouldn't power up. When I unplugged the power to the Mobo and plugged it back in the computer then restarted and only had 3 of the 4 cores active on my processor. When I went into bios to activate the 4th as soon as I clicked f10 to save and exit, the whole comp turned off and wouldn't turn on.

Back