Video/audio desynchronization problem

Hello

My first post in the forum (unfortunately with a problem)

So, recently I bought a new PC. After 10 days of usage, I discovered, that there is a very strange small desynchronization between audio and video. This is a contant effect. I notice it while watching movies and playing games. The lag is between 0.5 and 1 sec
So, I posted here and there but noone could give a decent advice.

Little details on my configuration:

MB - Asus P8P67LE
RAM - 8GB DDR3 1333
Video - GF9800GT (the vc is from my previous configuration, so I have used it for 8-9 months and haven't noticed the problem till now)
CPU - Intel i5 2500K 3.3GHz
Monitor - NEC AccuSync LCD73v (I know it's old. Do you think it can be the reason?)
OS - Windows 7 Ultimate

Basically, my thoughts are that it is unlikely the problem to be in the Video Card or Monitor, because they are from my previous configuration and I have never had this problem before

Can you give any advice what can be the reason for that?

anti virus isnt always the issue depends on which one u have bit defender kasper or the damned norton if u dont have any of them then IT ISNT ur anti virus u can make sure by checking the anti virus cpu usage on the task manager
u must have the latest driver for both ur video card and ur sound card to rule them out as a possible cause for the problem.
if ur card have any other special stuff i.e in ati eyefinity hydravision or similar stuff in nvidia make sure they're correctly configured
then comes the most likely reason to cause the problem which is ur codecs if u have nvidia purevideo GET RID OF IT and remove any codecs u might have divx k lite etc.. and install the latest k-lite mega codec pack the 32-bit version "the 64-bit version is still casing some issues" from here and it will work just fine.

Back