Video card cooling

nik11105

Hello,
I have recently bought an Asus HD6950 and flashed it to a HD6970. With that flash my temps have gone up to around 85~86`C so i was thinking of getting a aftermarket cooler....... but, I cant seem to find one that suitable for my needs:

1. It has to be a dual slot cooler because i am definitely going to go crossfire in the near future

2: It should preferable be quiet but also cool well. If i need to sacrifice quietness for cooling, so be it.

3: it has to fit my HD6950/6970 (duh!)

My PSU is well able to handle and extra power sources (1000w overkill i know...)
So any suggestions???

Thanks,
Nik11105

you can try this, im not sure how many slots it is but by the looks it takes 2 slots =P!

From what I've read that is a 3 slot cooler. Most good aftermarket VGA coolers seem to be 3 slots. I'm sure there are exceptions, but I've yet to find them.

However like I have stated, there are a few exceptions. One being the Scythe Setsugen 2. (I can't post a link because of lack of posts) Although not the absolute best for cooling. It will be better than the stock HSF in both cooling and sound. It may not be the best. But it will give you better temperatures than the stock cooling.

Back