Video card for Windows 7

twink

Hi, im not a big gamer or anything like that, i am just looking for a video card to raise my windows 7 rating up a bit and also so i dont have to use my ram for graphics without spending alot of money.

currently with on board graphics i get a rating of 4.7 on the performance for windows aero and a 5.2 for other graphics, i tried 2 older video cards that actually lowered the rating. one was a geforce 8400 gs and the other a radeon hd 2400 pro.

i was looking into the ATI radeon hd 5450, its relatively cheap and seems like a good card for the price.
can anyone tell me if this card will do what i am looking for?

Well, if you're into newer ATi GPU's, then an HD5450 might just be what you're looking for!

As you said you were not a big gamer, the HD5450 is enough. Good thing about it is that it's often passively cooled, so there is no extra noise. But please note that if you're planning on gaming in the future, then at the very least, go for the HD5650.

Perhaps you already knew that the second "4" in HD5450 stands for "rating 4 in a product scale rating from 1-9"? The HD5450 is really a lower-mainstream GPU.

Personally, I would have bought the HD5550, a regular-mainstream GPU.

What is your budget for the video card. The HD 5670 should be a good choice under $100.

i already picked up a card. the micro center near me had the pny geforce gt 240 on sale for $65. compared to the price of the Hd 5450 at $53, it was worth it to go for the gt 240 ad so far it has been great. my decision to buy this card came up after days of research on reviews and the gt 240 came up way better then 5450 did.
it raised both my graphics ratings with windows 7 up to a 6.7 so im happy about that.

the only game i really play that i would need a video card for is need for speed world and this card made it much better then on board video did.

i do appreciate the replies tho.

Back