Video display help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trillionsin

I am having some difficulties. We have a computer set up with a AGP video out with RGA and RCA video out. I changed the main monitor to the RCA video out by mistake and powered off the machine. In the meantime, the power supply died, and I've gotten a new one. Now when I power it on, I dont get any video out of any port. I have tested every video output port multiple times. Not the the BIOS will display. Once in awhile I get a long tone that may go for about 10 seconds. I have tried removing CMOS battery, and also using the CMOS reset pins on the motherboard.

What else can I try?

The board model is gigabyte ga85661fxm-775

If I could revert to onboard I would. I have removed CMOS battery for over 5 minutes and make contact in the battery holder (as instructed) and also set the CMOS reset jumper. (and removed)

Thanks, however my problem is I cannot get any display what-so-ever. :(

Edit: except for the bad power supply everything seemed to be working fine. All the HDDs would turn on, fans, lights on the computer. Everything seems normal except for display.

All attempts of troubleshooting this have failed. I dont want to say it, but I think the Mobo is toast. I just dont understand why it would turn on but yet display nothing.

Thanks for trying to help, guys.

It's not clear to me if you have a separate graphics card installed. If so, have you tried testing the card in another PC or tried a known good card in this PC?

If I could revert to onboard I would.

Sorry, I guess this is the only detail I noted about this. I have tried with and without the AGP card. I have tried the on-board video. I have gotten nothing... I have tried with a monitor that I know and verified working.

If there is anything else I am forgetting, just let me know. Thanks for trying to understand.

Do we know if the AGP card still works, perhaps in another PC? If it still works, then everything points to the motherboard as having failed but if the AGP card doesn't work, perhaps just replacing the graphics card might get you going again. I realize that the onboard graphics has already failed. All that said, when the power supply failed it may have taken out the motherboard and graphics card as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back