Video Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

acacia666avenue

hi ive been working on my friends computer. The problem was that the sound and video went out on his computer. I built his computer and figured that the onboard video on the mobo went out, so i replaced the motherboard and also got a 9500 gt. When i installed them, the power didnt work, and had to replace the power supply. Now after all this, i still dont get any signal from the 9500 gt to the monitor. Please, any thoughts will help. Thanks

Is the new motherboard exactly the same as the old one? If not, did you repair or reinstall Windows and install the new motherboard drivers?

no it is not the same motherboard. Its a similar intel board tat has onboard graphics, but also i have a 9500 gt in it. I cant even install the new drivers because there should be a signal going from the video to the monitor. Could it be the new motherboard is bad? I tried uninstalling the 9500 gt and just connecting the monitor to the onboard video but there was no signal.

It could be a bad motherboard but maybe the problem lies elsewhere. Maybe the original problem was the CPU, for example. Did it overheat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back