Video problems, help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

avenger527

so like.. i installed video drivers for my aftermarket video card.. and the screen went black and it didnt work on normal PC mode after i installed the drivers.. so i had older drivers i tried after i uninstalled the new ones and well that didnt work either.. my monitor is a TV and i tried a regular monitor it dont work either.. but.. if i turn my TV to HDMI mode, it works fine..

so i thought my video card maybe retarded or somethin, and i took it out, and used my onboard video.. and after i installed the drivers.. same thing... wtf? any help?

and after i uninstall the drivers, it works fine..

My onboard is Radeon HD 3200
My aftermarket is Radeon HD 3450

it didnt work on normal PC mode

What do you mean by normal PC mode? Do you mean it works in safe mode?

My onboard is Radeon HD 3200
My aftermarket is Radeon HD 3450

I presume you are trying to use hybrid crossfire. I think you need to perform a bios update and set EC firmware to hybrid which is accessible from bios.

What is your motherboard brand and model number?

By normal PC mode, i mean I set my monitor to read it like a normal LCD screen and not HD.

And no, I'm not trying to set my video on hybrid crossfire mode. Just one or the other.. currently I removed my HD 3450 and i haven't installed my video card drivers and it works.. but if i were to install my drivers, I have to put my tv on HD mode. I tried normal monitors too, and they don't work. It has to be something with the drivers, but IDK what.

And no, I'm not trying to set my video on hybrid crossfire mode.

If you are not going to use crossfire, boot into bios and disable the onboard graphics.

And, you haven't told me about your motherboard brand and model number.

Try lowering the resolution. The generic Windows graphics drivers probably work because they default to a lower resolution than with the proper ATI drivers.

Use safe mode to get to Windows with the new card in place.

When you uninstall the drivers are you going through Add and Remove Programs in the Control Panel? If not, you should.

Yep, I delete Catalyst control center first, then the video drivers, then restart. then my screen works great but I have no video card drivers. I even tried reformatting again. I just don't know what to do :[

my motherboard is a gigabyte MA770-UD3

That board doesn't have onboard graphics. How come yours has one? Are you sure it's the MA770? Gigabyte boards with 770G chipsets don't have integrated graphics. Check your motherboard model well and let me know.

haha i was lazy and didnt wanna dig through my stuff.. but i guess i have to.. that one looked exactly like mine from the top view though :D

but i got the real model now.. its MA780G-UD3H..

haha i was lazy and didnt wanna dig through my stuff.. but i guess i have to.. that one looked exactly like mine from the top view though :D

but i got the real model now.. its MA780G-UD3H..

First, remove HD 3450.

Go to this page and download drivers for HD 3200 http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/Driver_Model.aspx?ProductID=3004#anchor_os , Try to use this card with the TV.

Then Uninstall the HD 3200. To do this, uninstall all drivers from ADD/Remove programs and got to device manager to see if its there. Don't restart yet. Go to this page http://www.amd.com/uk/Pages/AMDHomePage.aspx and download latest drivers for the HD 3450 and save it to your desktop.

Now restart and boot into bios. Disable HD 3200. Turn off the computer and plug the HD 3450.

Plug your TV to the HD 3450 and then boot into windows. Install the HD 3450 drivers. Reboot.

P.S I have read through the specs of the HD 3450, IMO its only compatible with HDTV. So, that's y you have to turn HDTV on while installing drivers.

actually, I had the HD 3450 hooked up before.. but like.. I reformatted and then it just randomly dont wanna work.. i was using the 3450 all the time..

IMO its just a conflict issue. Try one last thing, install both cards' drivers and turn on hybrid crossfire see if it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back