Video words to text

learninmypc

I have a video on my iPhone I made & would like to know how to put the words on it into text so I can email it?
I've already tried the program built into Vista & W7 but no luck yet. Any ideas/suggestions? :)

Clarification; I want to put the words in the video into text so I can copy/paste the text ONLY into an email. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

What you are looking for is speech recognition. I however have zero experience with such.

Speech Recognition
Speech recognition (SR) converts spoken words to written text and as a result can be used to provide user interfaces that use spoken input. The Speech Recognizer service enables you to include speech recognition support for your application. Speech recognition requires a special type of software, called an SR engine. The SR engine may be installed with the operating system or at a later time with other software. Speech-enabled packages such as word processors and web browsers, may install their own engines or they can use existing ones. Additional engines are also available through third party manufacturers. These engines are typically designed to only support a specific language and may also target a certain vocabulary; for example, a vocabulary specializing in medical or legal terminology.

I couldn't say for sure, I've little experience with iPhones. I know you can attach photos to messages, but I'm not sure about vids.

Yes, you can attach a video clip to your message. When you press the camera icon next to the box where you type in your text, it'll say Take Photo or Video, it'll start in photo mode, so change to video and begin recording. Then attach clip to your msg. Don't know about later version of iPhone or if msg is sent between iPhones, but from my iPhone 4 to S4, the video is sent as a 320x240 3gp file. Quality isn't great.

Back