Videos on websites take a long time to open/play

Stan Rubin

I am using Win 10 and use FF as my browser. I believe that is with Win 10 that this issue started. When surfing the majority of the page loads quickly.(I have a cable connection with 25+Down and 5+Up speed.) The video element of the page (whether it is uTube, slate, salon, reddit, BBC or any site with video element) takes 45-90 seconds to load/play. Also, if it's Flash, I have to "stop plug in" reload and wait more. I believe on uTube the vids play using HTML5 (I think), also with a similar delay. I have extensions installed (adblocker, do not track, privacy badger and Flash Control) but those have been installed and used successfully before starting Win 10. I surf a lot of news, and aggregators sites and like the ability to see the short videos that sometimes accompany the story. This issue is a pain and probably adds an hour a day to my surfing, just waiting. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Boy Jobeard, that is a can of worms, I googled that and there were 1K answers that said 1K different and/or similar things, I'm confused but that's a normal state for me. Many thanks for your help.....S

Back