Videos on Youtube issues. immage incomplete,melted

Honestly I have no clue where to try anymore except on forums since I don't know under what category this problem is since I'm new to this site.
When watching videos on Youtube some videos more than others just don't give me the image I want.
From time to time its like the video image gets stuck on one frame that it failed to load and looks like its melted, while the audio continues normaly. And it does this at different stages on every video and reverts back to normal for seconds then melted again and so on. Some videos have more of these events some less, and if I try to rewind the 1 or 2 seconds that were broken it still shows me those seconds of video melted like this

ytb_immage.jpg
ytb_i2.jpg

and when the video returns to normal before melting again it's supposed to look like this
ytb_normal.jpg

Also the points were the videos image distort and go back to normal differ when I change the video quality from the settings tab given by Youtube's player
So far I thought it was from browser, Firefox, so I tried Chrome but the result was the same, then I tried clearing caches and no change, updated all the browser's addons: java, adobe flash etc. and still no change.
I have no clue where to go from here. I need help if this is not where I'm supposed to look for this kind of problem I'd appreciate some indication on where I should look for a solution.
I just want to fully enjoy the videos of the people I subscribed to, without having to puzzle together what went on the the parts of the video that are not there.

Are Adobe Flash, Shockwave and Java installed properly? What is this computer, a desktop or a laptop?

It is a Laptop Dell Inspiron n7110
And about adobe flash and java installed properly... I failed to mention other videos from different other sites that use different other players work fine. This problem only shows up on youtube videos only on my machine. Since a friend right next to me also with a dell laptop was watching the same video without problems using the same internet connection.

Then it has to be an issue with your video driver. Have you searched for a video driver update?

I update my video driver every time a new one is available. However you gave me an idea. I'l try to install the video drivers again with a clean install which will restore settings to default. Maybe it will work

Last edited:
Bummer! How about backing up your important files and do a destructive factory restore (returning the laptop like it was when you first brought it home)

Back