Views on Dell Studio XPS 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddie_42

Hey everyone,

Dell is having a pretty nice sale on this laptop for the next 36 hours, $400 off. I have been looking at buying a new laptop for some time and am looking pretty heavily at this one. The reviews I have read are 90% really good. Excellent performance, durability, not too loud, etc.

The biggest complaints I have read are the size/weight and heat.

I dont plan on traveling the world, mostly just something for my wife for use at home, and the occasional road trip. I'd imagine a little bulk isnt bad with all the hardware in it.

Is the heat a problem? I could see this being used in the car, but mostly at home, maybe a pillow between the lap and the computer?

Also, the screen come with 2 options, the default is FHD Widescreen 15.6inch WLED LCD (1920x1080). The other option is FullHD Widescreen 16.0 inch RGBLED LCD (1920x1080). This upgrade is also on sale ($100 instead of $175) but is it really worth it? My knowledge on LCD's is really lacking.

The use of the computer will be for internet and movies, and some games (WoW, Modern Warfare 2, spore, Sims) I'm aiming for a little overkill on performance so that I wont have to worry about upgrades or replacement for a while.

Window 7 Home premium 64 bit
Intel Core 2 duo P8700
4GB ddr3
Radeon HD 4670 - 1GB
500GB 7200rpm SATA

Input, comments, suggestions, all are welcome

Thanks

Hi mate,

The heat on a laptop is important but it depends for what purposes. As for you for little gaming, movies and internet in other words home use the heat won't be a big problem as the laptop will not on continuous running for long hours thus heat won't be a great problem.

Now for the Screen both are good and will satisfied you now choose the better price for you as both have good resolution and both are LED LCD meaning less power/battery consumption and less heat due LED LCD are not too much hungry as normal LCD screens.

Hope it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back