Resolved Virus detected on software purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new here so I may have this in the wrong place.
I purchased Indie Volume from a retail store a while back, but upon installing it, avira said it found the virus TR/Delf.typ. I've attached the avira log, but is it likely a false detection? I, personally, can't imagine that retail software would last with a virus.

Attachments

• AVSCAN-20100724-005547-A92D2917.LOG
    20.9 KB · Views: 1
I do not have enough information to determine if this is a false positive. But yes, new software can come with malware. You can do one of 2 things:

1. Go to the Avira Forum and see if others are having this problem and if it has been ruled a false positive.
and/or
2. If you would like us to check the system for malware, please follow the steps in the Preliminary Virus and Malware Removal thread HERE.

When you have finished, leave the logs for review in your next reply .

Please do not use any other cleaning programs or scans while I'm helping you, unless I direct you to. Do not use a Registry cleaner or make any changes in the Registry.

hey man. i believe it was detected as a virus because it has to attach itself to audio producing applications in order to actually control the volume. said so on the Avira forum and i confrmed it when i tried to use unlocker to remove the last part of the program, the part considered a virus, and it said it was in use by all my active programs.
maybe im wrong but i do know later versions online don't have the virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back