Inactive Virus disabled Base Filtering Engine, can't turn it back on

Cherry1

Today I got the following email from Adobe

Adobe received a report that the login credentials associated with your Adobe ID (user name and password) may have been obtained by an unauthorized party and may be at risk. We believe the unauthorized party may have gained access to your credentials through a malicious program installed on your computer.

So I tried to do a scan with AVG but it wasn't working. I uninstalled AVG and tried installing the newest version, but it wouldn't install because the Base Filtering Engine isn't running. Windows action center has an urgent notification saying the firewall is off. I can't get it back on. And if I can't do that I can't properly protect my computer.

I tried using reg edits suggested on other advice sites to fix the BFE but it won't start. I ran rkiller followed by a malwarebytes scan, detected and removed 996 threats (3 trojans and the rest were PUPs). Restarted the computer but the BFE still won't start. I am deeply worried by the Adobe email and wondering what other passwords and information these bastards could have stolen. Not sure what to do, this is scary and has never happened to me before.

Please help?

Welcome aboard

Please, complete all steps listed here: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/
Make sure, you PASTE all logs. If some log exceeds 50,000 characters post limit, split it between couple of replies.
Attached logs won't be reviewed.

Please, observe following rules:
  • Read all of my instructions very carefully. Your mistakes during cleaning process may have very serious consequences, like unbootable computer.
  • If you're stuck, or you're not sure about certain step, always ask before doing anything else.
  • Please refrain from running any tools, fixes or applying any changes to your computer other than those I suggest.
  • Never run more than one scan at a time.
  • Keep updating me regarding your computer behavior, good, or bad.
  • The cleaning process, once started, has to be completed. Even if your computer appears to act better, it may still be infected. Once the computer is totally clean, I'll certainly let you know.
  • If you leave the topic without explanation in the middle of a cleaning process, you may not be eligible to receive any more help in malware removal forum.
  • I close my topics if you have not replied in 5 days. If you need more time, simply let me know. If I closed your topic and you need it to be reopened, simply PM me.

I've fixed the issue on my own. Can we mark the thread as resolved and delete my personal data? I don't have any editing permissions on here

EDIT: except on this post for some reason

Back