Inactive Virus in MBR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First I want to say Thank you in advance to everyone helping me with this question and even those who have taken the time just to read this post.
The problem I am having is I accidently downloaded a virus meaning I was running Norton and the real time scanner was slowing down the system so I disabled it (DOH!) forgot to turn it back on and I think a virus snuck in through one of my installations, anyhow I have swept the whole system with norton, uninstalled swept with AVG free, unistalled swept with superANTIspyware, swept with MalWareBytes Uninstalled, Swept with Eset trial version Unistalled. No pesky ads on webbrowser but IE still loads pages slow though internet connection is good boot time is tremendously slow considering too that it used to take around five seconds max.
I am using a Toshiba All-In-One with windows 8(not 8.1) and a preinstalled factory system with no system disks but a partition with a image for reinstallation, I know how to do this and I have already backed up all my files, call me a Homer but I had a feeling boot time speeds might be due to a virus implanted on the cmos,bios or mbr so I downloaded AVast AswMBR which is scanning right at this moment and MbrCheck from geekstogo which found a non standard or infected MBR or unknown MBR code, I would type Yes to repair but I heard online that doing so can wipe your data and stop you from being able to use the system recovery tool on your computer plus I am not sure wheither this is actually a infected MBR or Unknown.
I still have'nt even looked into fixing the cmos or bios, though I did hear the bios chips from mid 90s up are non infectable though I need a bit more evidence to believe call me a skeptic.
Anyway I really hope you can help, and if not thanks for taking time to read this, I do appreciate it.
Cheers.

Welcome aboard

Please, complete all steps listed here: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/
Make sure, you PASTE all logs. If some log exceeds 50,000 characters post limit, split it between couple of replies.
Attached logs won't be reviewed.

Please, observe following rules:
  • Read all of my instructions very carefully. Your mistakes during cleaning process may have very serious consequences, like unbootable computer.
  • If you're stuck, or you're not sure about certain step, always ask before doing anything else.
  • Please refrain from running any tools, fixes or applying any changes to your computer other than those I suggest.
  • Never run more than one scan at a time.
  • Keep updating me regarding your computer behavior, good, or bad.
  • The cleaning process, once started, has to be completed. Even if your computer appears to act better, it may still be infected. Once the computer is totally clean, I'll certainly let you know.
  • If you leave the topic without explanation in the middle of a cleaning process, you may not be eligible to receive any more help in malware removal forum.
  • I close my topics if you have not replied in 5 days. If you need more time, simply let me know. If I closed your topic and you need it to be reopened, simply PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back