Virus Infected and show MicroAV.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.
suddenly popup a microAV scan page and a lot more, desktop being replace.

Tried to reinstall the who system, everything should be clean but happan again, 3 times...... frustrated.

all drives dissapear.

have AOL mcafee antivirus installed, still have the same problem

what can I do, I know nothing about this , what anti virus should I use
Is some kind of log should I post ? what is it ?

Please help
thanks

AOL?

1.) get rid of anything that have to do with AOL.
2.) try a good and deep scan with a good anti-anything.
3.) and finally, if i were you, i don't trust that mcafee.

From the link giving by tw0rld,
the program i warn you not to use is: "SuperAntiSpyware Home Edition Free Version"
normally this program will make your things worse once you installed.

good luck

From the link giving by tw0rld,
the program i warn you not to use is: "SuperAntiSpyware Home Edition Free Version"
normally this program will make your things worse once you installed.

good luck

Never heard anyone complain about SAS before. I have it installed on my system and I have no problems.

thanks Dude

I intended to rerereinstall the whole system again, what step you prefer to do this,
since I didn't surf any sites after the reinstallation, but still get infected !!

???

thanks Dude

Since I didn't surf any sites after the reinstallation, but still get infected !!

How did that happen? Are you sure you reinstalled the the OS or did you just do a repair? The claim that you are making, as far as I know is highly unlikely, unless it is being transfered from a removable media.
what step you prefer to do this

We are gonna try to get rid of the program. Follow the instructions found at the link above. Complete Steps 3, 4, 5, and 7.
When done post the logs.

Assign drive Letter

You are gonna need to assign a drive letter to your Hard drive. Do the following.

1. Start > Run >type diskmgmt.msc >
  2. In the disk management window Right Click the partition with the NTFS file system(there should be only one Such file system in your case)
  3. Select Change Drive Letter and Paths
  4. To assign a drive letter, click Add, click the drive letter you want to use, and then click OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back