Inactive Virus on Lenovo K3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I recently purchased a brand new Lenovo K3 online a few days ago, and it's been working fine until this morning when I turned it on, it had downloaded a bunch of .apk files, it kept switching windows, ad's kept popping up all over the place, and I had some new applications I had never downloaded. I did a complete factory reset, but when I turned on the wifi in the startup process, it started downloading these apps again, and ads kept popping up.
So far I have only been on apps like YouTube and Twitter, so I have no idea how I got this virus.

Anyone know of a way to get rid of this? Should I take it to someone who can remove it or can I do it myself?

Cheers

Okay, so I think the cause of this problem is the security app that came with the phone. I installed a security app (Sophos) That I trusted and one that I use on all my devices and it said it was adware and a potential threat. Unfortunately, I cannot uninstall this app unless I root my phone, but I can't root it because every time I try, it will jump to ads or just close everything and go back to the homescreen, which makes it impossible to do something like rooting.
Help would be very much appreciated!

Cheers

Welcome aboard

Unfortunately we don't deal here with other operating systems like Android.
You need to find some Android forum to deal with your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back