Virus won't let me access any antiviral websites - How to remove?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thiseffingsucks

I'm pretty sure I have a virus that my antiviral program isn't picking up on (Avira). It's slowing down my Internet, keeping me from uploading anything, and blocks me from all antiviral sites (screen displays this cannot connect thing). I tried the stuff listed in the stickied thread above, but the virus is blocking all of the sites linked. I really don't know what to do? Any help?

And also, I'm not super genuis with computers like you guys (someone linked me this site), so explain in simple speak please, haha.

"HijackThis" program

Hi :

Do you have a program called "HijackThis" already on your computer ? IF yes,
Post its Log. IF not, try getting the program from www.filehippo.com/download_hijackthis and go from there . Would be helpful IF
you told us the SPECIFIC Name of your Operating System !?

I have Windows XP Home. Cool, that link actually works for me. It's past one right now, so I'll do it first thing tomorrow. I'm assuming that once I have that downloaded, I just follow the instructions from the stickied thread?

I downloaded HJT, but I still can't access any of the other things that the stickied thread tells me to download and run. Should I just skip all of those steps and just get the log?

I just checked my iTunes, and there's this strange thing there now called "James' Limewire Tunes" under the Shared section. I don't even use Limewire, and when I tried to disconnect it, the program said that it was incompatible and basically wouldn't go away. I don't know if this has to do with the virus, but I'm kind of scared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back