Vista crashing on "sleep"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, Ive been having a problem lately with my laptop crashing when I put it into sleep. It looks as though its gone to sleep but after a while it restarts itself and an error comes up saying that windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown and asks me to check Windows Updates on the solution tab. I have tried this but it just tells me to check that all my windows updates and service packs are installed. All my windows updates are up to date so I dont think this is the problems.

I have tried doing defrags/registry cleans etc but all to no avail. I have attached the memory dump below but it means nothing to me as I am a bit of a novice at these things. I have the latest BIOS update according to the Acer website. v1.3813 (18/06/2008)

I am using an Acer Aspire 5920.
Core 2 Duo Processor
1.66 GHz, 667 MHz FSB, 2MB L2 Cache
2GB DDR
Up to 358MB Mobile INtel Graphic Media Accelerator X3100

Please can someone help me as its getting annoying now. If you need anything else, please ask me.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Bluescreen Error 12.07.10.txt
    599 bytes · Views: 2
First, we here at TechSpot strongly recommend NOT using registry cleaners/"fixers" because they do more harm than good.

Your error is 0x0000009F: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
A driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state. Typically occurs during events that involve power state transitions, such as shutting down, or moving into or out of standby or hibernate mode.

So now the question is, what driver? Before attaching your five most recent minidumps (5 per zip; please don't zip each and every one; if you only have one or two attach as is) please run ChkDsk first.

Thank you for your swift reply. I have to admit I am always using registry cleaners such as tune up utilities. Perhaps that's what's done it!? Ok so what do I need to do now? Sorry for all the questions. Many thanks. Ps. My laptop doesn't fail on sleep all the time only on occasions so it's a funny one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back