Vista driver problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

bielius

first of all, when i installed fresh vista,(on my windows xp),vista showed me that i have my graphics card, now after i installed drivers,it showed, but there were no Aero thing. i thought about reinstalling correct drivers, and now, it don't even show my graphics card...its 32-bit .thanks!

If this is a fresh install, let Vista update itself then finally it will prompt for SP1 and more updates after that, then if you are still having issues post back.

You have to make sure you have the latest motherboard BIOS and chipset drivers as well.

EDIT: In order for us to better help you, please include some information with your next post.

Make and model of your motherboard and video card at the least.

windows is checking for updates
you can view my system specs in the upper right corner of my post.
but my mobo is-
biostar p4m80-m4
nVidia GeForce 7300 GT

Missed your spec the first time, got it now.

There are no Vista drivers for the P4M800 North Bridge last I checked but Vista default drivers should work OK, specially after all the updates.

Do you have the latest BIOS and drivers downloaded and applied?

Is this the driver you tried not sure if it is both for PCI-E and AGPl. Since the latest drivers are meant to fix and /or enhance PCI-E card's performance, you might have to use an older driver that works best with your setup, I had to try so many different OLDer drivers for my AGP HD3850 to get it working properly and still experienced issues with OpenGL in some games even on XP.

Who manufactured your 7300GT AGP 8X?

Is there an option do fully disable the on-board VGA and set the Primary adapter in the BIOS, apparently the on-board is not supported by Vista but there are some third party drivers for it, wondering if it shows in the Device Manager even though you have an add-in card!

Did you have any issues while you were running XP?

Can you give us a reading from your power supply for the +3.3V, +5.0V and the +12.0V rails in Amps (max output) as well the make and model if you know.

How many optical drives?
Any other hard drive?
Any other add-in card /s.

who manufacted..?
nVidia?
there were no issues with win XP.
op. drive-1
1 hard drive.
2 usb ports(card in PCI slot)

woo, i found the solution, the windows update accidently showed me my graphics card update, so everything's working now, even Aero! thanks anyways!
you can close this thread.

Cool

BTW, Nvidia made the GPU, there are so many manufacturers that use that chip and make video cards as in ASUS, MSI, BFG, XFX, PNY and a few more, they each have their own site with drivers made for that card since not all 7300GT PCBs are the same.

You got it by updates so you are OK but do check the site to see if they have a better driver yet.

Good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back