Vista,failed to remove usb safely, blue screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!

I just bought this new HP computer a month ago, running windows vista.

I installed a belkin wireless network adapter; downloaded new drivers from the belkin website and it ran smoothly for 2 weeks.

Then one day I unplugged the adapter without safely rmoving it, just unplugged the thing, and i plug in a usb drive to put some files in it.

When i was done with the usb drive, i just removed it (without using the remove safely thingy, just unplugged it) and i plug the belkin wireless adapter back.

Ever since then, the computer crash to a windows blue screen every 5-10 minutes when i plug in the wireless adapter and use the internet.

If i take out the wireless adapter, it run without crashing (watching movies, listening to music, working on files etc...)
But we don't have any internet anymore.

Please help me if you think you know a way to fix the problem; short of reinstalling Windows (I had to pay extra to get the windows cd from future shop, so i didn't get it.)

btw: I do not have that usb key with me anymore.

thanks a million!

RTFM for the Belkin router, reset it to factory condition, then reinstall it as appropriate for Windows. Then buy a USB sharing connection, though since all PC's come with about 6 connectors already, I dont know why you need to plug/unplug at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back