Vista help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daymarr

Im using a Vista Home Premium Laptop and on the Offline NT Password & Registry Editor Walkthrough it say,

Step TWO: Select PATH and registry files
=========================================================
What is the path to the registry directory? (relative to windows disk)
[WINDOWS/system32/config] :

The registry is usually system32/config under WINDOWS or WINNT directory, depending on the windows version (and it may be changed during installation).

What do i do??

Usually press enter, and it'll find the default path

I use that floppy (or boot CD too) I haven't used it on Vista though, I take it, that it works with Vista, probably.

Mind you there is a better program, but I've been told it's not advisable to post.
Here it is anyway (lol): http://downloads.sourceforge.net/ophcrack/ophcrack-vista-livecd-2.0.iso

This is meant for Vista only
And there are some warnings on this bootable CD
If you have encrypted files (usually no) it can wipe your drive !!
(If it helps I've used it on many systems without a fault)
But you should be aware that these free tools, can cause issues that no one (including me) will take any responsibility for.

ie Use at your risk

That's strange, always works for me on password protected accounts (the link above for Vista only)

Seeming that is the best one, I don't know anymore, just those two already discussed here, for user accounts passwords in Windows.

You're not taliking about the bios password? I hope

Well on Xp (I know yours is Vista) you could go to Users in Control Panel and remove the User Account passwords without even knowing them (actually I think SP3 may have stopped that now)

Anyway, try that.
Or just backup and re-install.
Now that backup ! It is possible that you won't be able to get into the users documents either.

By the way, why don't you know the password?

kimsland said:
Well on Xp (I know yours is Vista) you could go to Users in Control Panel and remove the User Account passwords without even knowing them (actually I think SP3 may have stopped that now)

Anyway, try that.
Or just backup and re-install.
Now that backup ! It is possible that you won't be able to get into the users documents either.

By the way, why don't you know the password?

i still need password even in safe mode and it my little sister computer and she forgot the password because she been in brazil with my grandmother without it for a year now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back