Vista Home Basic 32bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tha General

Hey yall. I am buying my new rig soon, and it comes with XP pro, however i plan to upgrade to Vista home basic 32bit, how much ram do you need to run that OS, perfectly?

The rig comes with 2.4ghz and its a gateway prebuilt Intel Pentium Dual Core, with DDR2 2GB Memory. I am told it can hold 4GB, not really sure on it tho.

Hey yall. I am buying my new rig soon, and it comes with XP pro, however i plan to upgrade to Vista home basic 32bit, how much ram do you need to run that OS, perfectly?

The rig comes with 2.4ghz and its a gateway prebuilt Intel Pentium Dual Core, with DDR2 2GB Memory. I am told it can hold 4GB, not really sure on it tho.

Vista Home will run okay with 2Gb sytem RAM but 3Gb is the sweetspot for Vista Home. As a rule of thumb, 1.5 for XP 3 for Vista minimum, however a 32bit operating system can not address 4Gb of memory, just not in the cards. 64bit
operating systems can.

Alright cool, i will upgrade to 3GB once i get the rig. I want to keep things system for my secondary rig, so vista home basic 32bit seems perfect. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back