Vista niggles, advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.

vale46

Hi all,

I just got a new pc and it has Vista home premium edition on it and there are a few things i am having a problem with that i hope you can help me out with.

1, Media manager services ( in notification tray ) how do i stop it running ?

2, Norton internet security, again i have uninstalled both norton and symantec but after i installed my full version of AVG 8 pro windows continues to tell me norton is running, now there is a norton file left in progam files that uninstall didnt delete but i cant delete certain parts of it. how can i totally delete norton ?

3,My screen saver wont work, all settings are set for it to but its a no go, any ideas ?

Many thanks for reading my post and i appreciate any advice you can offer.

Kindess regards,

Vale.

As for #2 you need to go to Norton's site and download their tool to totally clean out their product.

Fantastic, al give that a go. Thanks alot peeps,

Still need help with 1 and 3 though,

Thanks again.

That media manager thing doesn't sound familiar to me - are you sure it's Vista's Media Center and not OEM's own software?

dont know, cant actually find the program, it just resides in the system tray so i have it set to hide this icon always, its still there running but with no option to disable on boot up ????

Hi Vale,

I have the same set up. In the media manager tray, I take it you are speaking of the little icon which tells you that you have blocked start up programmes and pops up every so often, when it pops up, if you look at the bottom left of the box, there is a little box to tick in order to disable it. When you tick that you will never see it again.
Now the screen saver, if you right click on desktop, click on personalise at the bottom, click on screen saver, then click on change power settings, you will see a menu on the left, fifth one down is change when to turn off the display, this will bring up the screen you are looking for, the top left option is when you are operating on battery, top right if you are on a power outlet, bottom ones are for putting your pc to sleep. It is a long winded process but your screen saver settings etc will be perfect after this, gives you options from one minute to never.
Post how you got on and did you get norton finally removed?
Best of luck
David

Thanks David, and thanks again to everyone for your input. I will be sure to try this out and post back asap, time is short at the mo due to my job but i will reply before the end of the week.

Kindest regards, Vale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back