Vista no-cd but has key

Status
Not open for further replies.

nismo91

hi all, been long since my last post...

now i am back with a rather simple question regarding windows vista and its legit thingy. well firstly, i receive 2 HP notebooks from office from other branch since the branch has closedown. i notice that the HP laptop comes with Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit with COA sticker on its underside. both laptops come to me with illegal XP pro installed, and i wish to make it "legit" again.

however, the recovery dvd is missing and the F10 recovery option is also missing. i've tried to recover hidden partition but its gone absolutely.

so here is my question, im very sure that if i install vista home premium and insert the cd-key written on COA it will be genuine again right? second: how if i download the trial version of windows vista and unlock it by inserting the COA keys, then register & activate to microsoft. i am worried after 5GB download the COA key cannot be used on trial version of vista somehow (because of HP OEM).

so what u all think? thanks for reading...

I don't believe a downloaded Vista Trial version will match your HP OEM CD Key anyway.

You are best to contact HP at getting a replacement Windows Vista restore disc

thx for the reply.

okay then. i guess i wont download the 5gb trial vista.
hp centre here isnt so keen about recovery disc, i'll try again and post my result later.

and to make sure once again: if, somehow, i manage to get one vista installed and the COA keys works, it means the laptop are fully legit right?

One more step. When Windows Vista is activated, then you'll know it's legit.

okay. now i understand. just to make somehow a vista home premium installed. then i insert the coa keys, if it works i should be able to activate it and by right, it should be hassle-free. after activated then i can make both lappy legit and running vista.

*because both lappy are going to be used for home and i like it to be running vista.

thanks everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back