Vista x64 SP2 BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

maximx86

Hello,

Could someone dubug this dump for me please?

All I am getting is (below). I believe this is because of the wrong symbols.

Thanks

FOLLOWUP_IP:
nt+97ecd
fffff800`02cedecd ?? ???

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 6

SYMBOL_NAME: nt+97ecd

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

IMAGE_NAME: ntoskrnl.exe

BUCKET_ID: WRONG_SYMBOLS

Followup: MachineOwner

Attachments

• dump.zip
    21.4 KB · Views: 5
That is all I am getting also and I have the correct symbols downloaeded. That driver cited is a core Windows driver but OS drivers are too general to be of much help.

Do you have anymore minidumps?

Two of the minidumps gave the same wrong symbols issue but three actually gave a probable cause.

All five are 0xA errors and these are caused by either hardware or drivers attempting to address an IRQ Level that is higher then what it is designed for and thus resulting in system crashes.

The driver cited in three of the dumps is the NOD32 antivirus driver eamon.sys. I myself run NOD32 and this software is very stable though not perfect; no security software is. What version are you running?

I don't know if you are aware but ESET has its own official forums wilderssecurity.com and it is much more than their own products. You should be able to get quick help there and if you do post supply the facts that a) your error codes are 0xA and b) they specifically cite eamon.sys as the cause of your BSODs.

You may want to try uninstalling and reinstalling. There is also the possibility that an infection hijacked this NOD32 system driver.

thanks Route44

I will try reinstalling NOD32 and get in touch with ESET support team. Is there a way of finding out if the eamon.sys got infected? I am using BE 4.0.74.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back