Vizio's new M-Series line of 4K TVs is priced to sell, starting at $599

Shawn Knight

Staff member

vizio tvs television ultra hd 4k 4k television 4k tv

Vizio’s 2015 television lineup is loaded with 4K-capable sets and as we’ve seen in years past, they’re priced to sell with models starting at just $599.

The company’s new M-Series line includes amenities like 802.11ac Wi-Fi and Full Array LED backlighting. Sets also come with Vizio’s Spatial Scaling Engine which upscales 720p and 1080p content to “near” 4K resolution, a feature that’ll be particularly useful considering the lack of true 4K content right now.

The entry-level M43-C1 carries a 43-inch display. It’s priced at $599 and available for purchase as of writing. Pricing and screen size scales up from there and includes sets with screens measuring between 49 inches all the way up to 80 inches. To give you an idea of pricing, the 60-inch M60-C3 will set you back $1,499 while the mammoth 80-inch M80-C3 will command $3,999 when it launches later this year.

Every set, save for the 43-incher, feature 32 separate LED zones that’ll help the display achieve deeper blacks. Another difference is the fact that models 60 inches and larger have a 240Hz “effective” refresh rate (120Hz panels) while the others use a 120Hz “effective” refresh rate (60Hz panels) according to the specs.

The M-Series televisions will come with five HDMI ports that can accept 4K sources although only one will be HDMI 2.0 compliant to accept 4K 60 frames per second feeds.

Have you jumped on the 4K bandwagon yet (or are you planning to do so this year)? My next set will likely be 4K capable but not until my current television kicks the bucket (it’s currently in its seventh year of service).

Permalink to story.

I am most definitely on the 4k bandwagon and loving it; although I only have a monitor at the moment.

I purchased a 60" Vizio 4K when Sams Club had them on sale. Best purchase I have made in years. The picture is incredible on this TV and the 4K content that is available plays without any problems. I'm still contemplating upgrading to another set and placing the 60" in our bedroom, but the next-generation Vizio sets will be a part of that contemplation.

Hmmm... I think the 49" would make a nice computer monitor. 4x 24 inch 1080p monitors in one? Shut up and take my money!

The prices sounds a bit better but still too expensive for my liking. I'll wait until people get all cross eyed about the thought of 8K then the 4K stuff should suit my wallet a bit better, until then 1080p is still ample.

I watched a blu-ray movie running on a 4K TV right next to a real nice Samsung 1080p TV and it was hard to notice a difference at first, but by virtue of simply having more pixels it did look a little clearer.
I'll be in the market for another 60"-65" when my current 60" dies, if 4K prices keep dropping I'll get one but I am not expecting much until the source content improves and movies are filmed in 4K, not upscaled/remastered to it.

Any HDMI 2.0 graphics cards out yet ? If not, then I'll pass.
Skip 2.0 2.1 spec just got mentioned. Will need new cables. Glad im waiting till they get their ducks in row. Im not getting anything new until my next receiver and tv are 2.1 and reasonable.

Back