1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

W10 no WMP? You sure?

By learninmypc ยท 5 replies
Aug 13, 2015
Post New Reply
  1. In the process of my upgrade last night
    It made it obvious WMP was being uninstalled (removed) yet I went to play some videos just now & one of the option was WMP & it played the video. I'm not complaining, just wondering if its because I went from W7 Home Premium to W10 ? Thanks for any help :)

2. Cobalt006

Cobalt006 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,777   +242

Could be a updated version of it. Maybe?

3. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 7,281   +372

Will check it out later. I do remember during the upgrade process it said it was removing it. No biggie, just weird. :)

4. learninmypc

Sorry for the delayed reply, but it is Ver. 12.0.10011.16397 :) So much for it saying it was removing it not to mention me reading elsewhere where MS was removing it & users would have to use VLC to view videos. :)

5. Cobalt006

Cobalt006 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,777   +242

Win ten did not remove the windows media player. They removed windows media center.

6. learninmypc

Ok & sorry for the delayed reply. Mother Nature threw a storm at us Saturday with 70 mph gusts & knocked us offline & no power at about noon. Fanally got back on just now. So happy to be back up :) :) :) :)