Watch Live: Samsung Galaxy S6 launch, Unpacked 2015 event

Julio Franco

Staff member

Update: Here are the new Samsung Galaxy S6 & Galaxy S6 Edge smartphones.

Ahead of Mobile World Congress 2015, Samsung is set to announce its generation flagship smartphone, the Galaxy S6. The rumor mill has been working overtime on the S6 for quite a while now. Most suspect the new flagship will have a standard and an 'edge' variant with curved displays on both sides in addition to premium building materials like those found on the Galaxy Alpha.

Under the hood, scuttlebutt and rumblings from Qualcomm suggest the S6 won't feature the Snapdragon 810 SoC but rather a homegrown solution from Samsung.

Also today, HTC unveiled the new One M9 focusing on an evolution of same metal unibody formula carried by its previous flagships.

Permalink to story.

That Korean accent is killing me..., The Interview stars, makes me press pause and then resume later with the hope it's finally out. Korea makes good phones and terrible presenters, which makes you scream out - oh bring it out already, it's just a phone for crisake! :)

Elon Musk wasn't that pompous presenting cars. And these phone presentations tend to turn into big vanity exercises.

updates...

Clenching my teeth on every "is viery cuule" being dropped, which falls down along with my IQ.

Comes a guy who speaks English, saves the day, I can finally watch it...

Dubious battery "upgrade":
The battery here is smaller than in past Galaxy S phones - 2,550 mAh on the normal model and 2,600 on the edge as opposed to 2,800 on the Galaxy S5. Samsung says they have better power management, a more efficient processor, and both wireless and quick USB charging built in. But you know that super-dense screen is going to suck a lot of power, so battery life is one of the top questions here.
source: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2477486,00.asp

The show is over. The edged version looks interesting. And they seem to have made good progress with the camera.

They decided to stick to their traditional rounded / obtuse corners, which looks a little out fashion now :)

Battery would be the only concern, can't wait to full reviews on that.

Last edited:
Back