Watch the second official trailer for 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' right here

Shawn Knight

Staff member

The second official trailer for Rogue One: A Star Wars Story hit YouTube earlier today. The two-and-a-half minute spot provides a bit of insight into Jyn Erso’s past, how the Rogue call sign came about and more.

For diehard Star Wars fans, there’s plenty to dissect and discern from the trailer although as The Verge warns, doing so will likely lead to some spoilers. If you’re alright with that, both The Verge and Gizmodo have in-depth analyses available for your consumption.

Rogue One, the first major standalone Star Wars film, has been described as an experiment by Disney CEO Bob Iger. It’s the first of at least three new movies set to arrive over the next several years.

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story lands in theaters on December 16, 2016.

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

Does this trailer have "bad" spoilers, meaning clips that ruin the plot mid- and end-film?

Not as much as the new movies ruin the Star Wars story, ever since Lucas sold out.

Here's a spoiler for you:

A bunch of jack-a$$es fall into Sarlacc. You know what Sarlacc does to them? Yep, it's gonna suck.

- that's all I can say about that...

Last edited:
I hate the whole 2+ trailers for movies, they end up giving away the most important parts of the plot, I think this spoils a freaking lot.

A trailer should be supposed to just make you want to know what happens, not tell you everything about the movie. I mean, wtf, there are already toys comming out! Like for the episode 7 the movie wasn't even in the cinemas and you knew a freaking lot about the characters already because there were toys and references everywhere.

Back