WD 320GB problems

I have WD 320 GB external hard disk with lot of Data; was working fine with Windows 7 . But now as I connect it to laptop after a small search it asks me the Question, "DO YOU want to format the disk?" Do anyone has solution for this.

Hi

this might sound daft..but the cable you connect it with, try another one, in my experience ive seen these cables work with a printer but not a hard drive and work with some hard drives and not others, some say they are all cabled the same but i can tell ya that ive got various cables that all look the same but whilst one works with my tomtom satnav it wont work with a 2.5" hdd that i have.

even if its the original cable try another.

then come back and let us know, its a bad chance that the partition table is screwed up but im betting its the cable.

320 GB WD Problem COntinues..

Dear Thanks for the Solution of cable problem; but the same cable works for other Hard disks. so it's confirmed that it is not cable problem. But on any other computer after pluging in; computer shows clearly; the name and details of the Hard disk; but after 1 -3 minutes it says do u want to format? Yes or No.

Can it be any boot sector Virus??? If not can data be recovered with Data Recovery Software??
I have lot of Important data in it.
Please help
Thank You in Anticipation

Back