WD hard disk all operations very slow

Hi All,

I have WD 1 TB passport, and all its operations are very very slow.
I cant use it at all. I have all the important documents in it.
Please someone help me out here.

Regards,
Sanoop.

The only thing I can really recommend is to defragment the external HDD using a program such as Defraggler.

If that doesnt help, you may have a virus on the HDD, in that case, I would recommend posting in the malware forums.

I would suggest you to use a disk utility application to check the integrity of your drive. Some possible errors in the drive might cause it to run and response poorly on average use.

I agree with trekzone, sounds like something is wrong with the drive. Get a drive diagnostic utility like SeaTools and check the drive. No sense trying to defrag the drive if it is operating so poorly it can't be used. In fact, if you can't use it now, the drive is probably hosed.

Try the drive on a different computer just to rule out any odd USB issues.

In case you just learned how to click on things and you know what a computer is, not being mean, but these answers can be overwhelming. Google is your friend. Search for "how to use seatools" or "how to use defragger". If you are having further issues, let us know. Also would be good to know how much you know about computers, and if there is someone there that might understand a bit more about what we are talking about, that would be a plus.

Back