Web outlook (owa)

petroltimer

Hi,

I can't get my emails in my web outlook to stay in the inbox, what happens if i have outlook closed then emails sent to me will appear in my web outlook but once i open outlook and do a send\ receive then all the messages will disappear from the web outlook.
It must be just some setting, but i can't find it, any ideas would be most welcome.

David

Is the web outlook set to receive email from the smpt or pop3

It sounds like the web outlook and outlook are set to receive email from a the same account as I said above it is to do with the POP3 and SMTP Settings

Who is your Internet Service Provider
Fo e.g blueyonder
You would put in
POP3
pop3.bluuyonder.co.uk
SMTP
smtp.blueyonder.co.uk
If these settings are in both email programs if you only have one email program open is that will pick up your email but what happens is when you open up the a second email program that will also pick up your email from the same server thus taking any mail from the other email program.

So check your settings.

well this is Outlook Web App (OWA) its suppose to be a mirror of say your office Microsoft Outlook, so you can access your office email anywhere from the internet, my microsoft outlook is on a microsoft exchange server

I see maybe because it is mirror it has the same settings as the original so when you have both open they are getting mail from the same mail server like I said earlier if you have both open and the one you are using maybe taking the email from the other.

i have been in microsoft exchange 2007 and the active directory comparing my details to others, over a 1500 a/cs and i can't see any difference, I'm thinking the change may have to be made in the command shell, my a/c was setup a few months ago before by someone else probably the change was made there.
Now i could delete it and setup and sure it would then be okay, but i'd love to know what this is.

Back