Weekend game deals: Pre-Black Friday sales unleashed

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

We're just a week away from Black Friday and things are finally starting to heat up. Impulse has cut prices on well over a dozen titles including C&C 4, The Settlers 7, both S.T.A.L.K.E.R games, Dark Void, and Star Trek Online, while EA has reduced Crysis, Mercenaries 2, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Medal of Honor, and the Saboteur. Direct2Drive offers GTA IV: Complete Edition for $9.95, Microsoft has slashed 50% and 80% off Bioshock 2 and Saints Row 2, and GOG's entire catalog of Ubisoft titles is 30% to 50% off.

Steam
Sniper: Ghost Warrior $14.99 (50% off)
Sniper: Ghost Warrior Map Pack $2.49 (50% off)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings preorder $44.99 (10% off)

Impulse
Command and Conquer 4 $9.98
Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 $9.99
Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising $9.99
Company of Heroes Gold $14.99
The Settlers 7: Paths to a Kingdom $24.99
Star Trek Online $9.99
Tropico 3 $7.49
Dark Void $9.99
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Bundle Pack $9.99
Total Annihilation $4.99
MinerWars 2081 Pre-Alpha $13.95
Sword of the Stars Complete Collection $14.99
Space Rangers 2 $9.99
Master of Orion II $4.99
More...

EAStore
Mercenaries 2: World in Flames $7.46
Crysis $18.71
Crysis Warhead $11.21
The Saboteur $11.21
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 $14.96
Battlefield 2: Complete Collection $14.96
Battlefield 2142 Deluxe $11.21
Medal of Honor $44.96
Medal of Honor Airborne $7.46

Direct2Drive
Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete Edition $9.95
TRON: Evolution $34.95

Games for Windows
Bioshock 2 $9.99
Saints Row 2 $5.99

Good Old Games
30% to 50% off all Ubisoft games

Permalink to story.

I hate game for windows offers, they kind of suck after you see Steams for example.

I have to be honest here, I can't really recommend any of the games being offered, except Bioshock 2. I hope next Friday's deals are muuuuuch better!

:p I think Microsoft generally offers decent deals, and I personally believe their offers this week are better than Steam's.

Can anyone recommend me the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. bundle? Or any of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games for that matter?

Yes Matthews, but from what I have seen they always put the same games on offer (Which is not actually bad if you missed an offer before) after steam does and with a lower discount (By this I mean the suck thing).

It's not for everyone, but I had a lot of fun with Space Rangers 2. It has a little something of everything in it - shooter, strategy, puzzles, RTS, etc.

Steams deals are underwhelming this week, but I'm guessing they are saving up the good stuff for next week :) . Impulse on the other hand has some good discounts.

And I recommend Bad Company 2 to any shooter fan out there that hasn't tried it already, a lot of fun in multiplayer depending on the server and a mini expansion is on its way.

@lawfer The Bundle only includes Shadows of Chernobyl (first game) and Call of Pripyat (third game but story wise is a sequel to SoC). The STALKER series especially with the Complete Mods are a lot of fun imo. Game play wise it's a shooter with RPG elements/customization, and for $10 bucks is well worth it.

gobbybobby said:
Matthew said:
:p I think Microsoft generally offers decent deals, and I personally believe their offers this week are better than Steam's.

WHAT this is a joke right?

No, it isn't a joke. Microsoft often offers very respectable discounts on popular titles and its sale on Bioshock this week is, in my opinion, better than Steam's 50% off Sniper: Ghost Warrior.

lawfer said:
Can anyone recommend me the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. bundle? Or any of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games for that matter?
Firstly, love how everyone just pretend that S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky just doesn't exist :p. And secondly, they are AMAZING. Of course, they are great by themselves, but they are orgasmically amazing coupled with the 'Complete' series of mods.

If you haven’t played 2007’s most immersive and atmospheric shooter, or you’re back for replay, this mod is for you. This is the world of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. like you’ve never seen before, with updated graphics and added functionality that don’t change the original story or gameplay. The game hasn’t been changed beyond recognition, but rather enhanced while preserving the core elements that made it the unique experience it is.

What makes this mod different?

It was designed by professional graphic artists with rich experience in the field, following industry standards for creating interactive 3D environments. It features artistic works and modifications from many community members unified under one art direction. The game has been redesigned with new visual qualities, and is offered as one convenient, complete package to reach a user base beyond the modding community. This mod has been created with a thought of bringing the beautiful and immersive game of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl from the previous generation when it was created to an up-to-date experience you’d expect from games currently being developed.

Call of Pripyat Complete will be coming out soon, as well as the sequel to STALKER Complete 2009 (dubbed 2012) so it's an exciting time to get hooked on S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Here is a link to the ModDB page: http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-complete-2009
Associated Steam group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/STALKER-Complete-Series

I hope to see you in the zone soon…

Pinothyj said:
lawfer said:
Firstly, love how everyone just pretend that S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky just doesn't exist :p. And secondly, they are AMAZING. Of course, they are great by themselves, but they are orgasmically amazing coupled with the 'Complete' series of mods.

If you haven’t played 2007’s most immersive and atmospheric shooter, or you’re back for replay, this mod is for you. This is the world of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. like you’ve never seen before, with updated graphics and added functionality that don’t change the original story or gameplay. The game hasn’t been changed beyond recognition, but rather enhanced while preserving the core elements that made it the unique experience it is.

What makes this mod different?

It was designed by professional graphic artists with rich experience in the field, following industry standards for creating interactive 3D environments. It features artistic works and modifications from many community members unified under one art direction. The game has been redesigned with new visual qualities, and is offered as one convenient, complete package to reach a user base beyond the modding community. This mod has been created with a thought of bringing the beautiful and immersive game of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl from the previous generation when it was created to an up-to-date experience you’d expect from games currently being developed.

Call of Pripyat Complete will be coming out soon, as well as the sequel to STALKER Complete 2009 (dubbed 2012) so it's an exciting time to get hooked on S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Here is a link to the ModDB page: http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-complete-2009
Associated Steam group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/STALKER-Complete-Series

I hope to see you in the zone soon…

Thanks for the info. Could you tell me which is the best game of the series? I always wanted to get into S.T.A.L.K.E.R but never seemed to be able to. Now seems like a good chance.

Are there any limitations on the EA store sales? I'm in AU, and this is the second time I've wanted to get a sale-game, but the price when clicking link (and using download manager) isn't discounted. :(

lawfer said:
Thanks for the info. Could you tell me which is the best game of the series? I always wanted to get into S.T.A.L.K.E.R but never seemed to be able to. Now seems like a good chance.
I have some information that may well be of use to you, stalker…

That's a tough one. See as the series progressed everything from gameplay to AI got better and better, but with that being said, Shadow of Chernobyl is still a great game even with the years that have passed it by. I haven't played Call of Pripyat yet though because I, like so many others, are waiting until Call of Pripyat Complete is released by Artistpavel (sad, I know). I even have the special edition version (it hasn't left it's shiny metal case as of yet).

But from what I have learnt from the series' wiki (I spend a lot of time editting and being a general wiki nerd on there) any balance issues have definitely been sorted in CoP and it seems to have a lot more variety (not to say that the other two games didn't, that is).

:)

Only game I've been temped to buy on these sales is GalCiv I for $0.99 at Impulse. That's for nostalgia, since I owned the original on OS/2. However, given that I didn't play it much on OS/2, nor played GalCiv II for Windows, which I own, I guess it'd be a waste of money.

Damn I want Splinter Cell Conviction for $15.... I tried it on my friends XBOX and I didn't care for the lack of oldschool SC stuff like sticky cams, electrostatic vision, etc... Not to mention the black and white for being in the shadows was annoying as well. Why do I want to play a game in black and white the whole time? Needless to say these things mean I don't think it is worth $50... so i'll wait.

I would love to get Mafia II for about $30... looks like an awesome game but haven't got the guts to buy it. I tried the demo but I don't think my PC is powerful enough to handle the game all that well. Still got a Athlon X2 6000+ with a GF 9800 GTX+, which I don't think is going to cut it for my 1920x1080 res that I play at.

Oh well... good deals though. Although I already got GTA4 for $7.50 on Steam about a year ago... That was an AWESOME DEAL! And GTA4 is an AWESOME game! I played it full, twice... I would pay full price for that game, it's just that damn fun!

Battlefield Bad Company 2 is $59.99 at the site the link directs me to... not $14.96. Typo?

Back