Weekend Open Forum: How many online subscription services do you currently pay for?

Cal Jeffrey

Staff member

Online monthly services are all around us. Over 100 million people have Netflix subscriptions and around 80 million lay claim to Amazon Prime memberships. Streaming media services are only one type of subscription, sure, but they are among the most popular.

Personally, I maintain subscriptions to PlayStation Plus and Elder Scrolls Online Plus although I am getting ready to cancel the latter due to lack of play time. I also have Amazon Prime (mainly for the shopping / shipping benefits), Netflix for movies and television shows and Spotify for music.

In total, I maintain five online subscriptions which cost me about $47 per month.

How many online subscriptions do you carry? Let us know in the comments section below!

Permalink to story.

Technically 2, Origin Access I pay for yearly($30), and Xbox live, but I use Microsoft reward points to pay for the xbox live.

None anymore. My friend takes care of our Netflix. I canceled my Mumble subscription because of Discord. I don't pay for ESEA anymore.

I got spotify, amazon prime, netflix and UFC. I will subscribe to NBA in october and will remove UFC.

Currently none. But if a good enough online game comes out for Xbox, I'll get Xbox Live again

Amazon Prime only currently, although if they ever offer a decent priced NFL Sunday ticket I would be subscribed to that also.

I got free 6 months of Netflix when I upgraded my lte data plan (from 1mbps to 10mbps) but I did not use the service: monthly 50GB data allowance. once my telecom approves my new updated data plan application (400GB monthly allowance), I will consider paying for Netflix add-on.

Zero! Haven't heard anything new that rise above the description ... "noise" ..... and if I did I would simply turn off the hearing aids!

Zero. There are no online subscriptions worth paying for as far as I'm concerned. In fact I wouldn't take any of them even if they were free.

I don't have any paid subscriptions at the moment other than my cell phone and cable/internet.

Amazon Prime would be nice, but I can't justify paying $50 to $100 a year for something that I would rarely benefit from. It'd be nice, but I also have an Amazon store within walking distance so I have no need for it.

I'm considering getting a video streaming service like Netflix but I want to be sure I'll use it enough for it to be worth it.

Amazon Prime is useful given it's movies and such, along with free Twitch subscription per month.
Twitch which is a few subscriptions, including the free one of course.
Discord because I would love to support the platform, that has become a very useful means of communication. Humble Monthly because game bundles are always fun to check out.

Overall not too much spent, but it's always nice to support the content you enjoy.

Just one: NFL Gamepass Europe

Simply can't live without a weekly dose of touchdowns...

Back