Weekend Open Forum: What kind of monitor do you use?

Scorpus

Staff member

We last asked you guys this question around three years ago, and we got a variety of responses. Many people said they were using 24- to 27-inch displays, mostly with either 1080p or 1440p resolutions. A number of you were also running more than one display.

Since early 2014, the PC monitor landscape has changed significantly. Variable refresh technologies like G-Sync and FreeSync are much more common, and ultrawide displays have exploded in popularity. 4K displays are now much more affordable than before, and even higher resolutions like 5K are commercially available. 

So in this weekend's open forum, we want to know what your current monitor setup is. Have you upgraded recently? Do you plan to upgrade soon? Let us know in the comments below.

Permalink to story.

I just transitioned to a BenQ GW2765HT 27" 1440p monitor from 1080p and I LOVE it. I'll never go back to 1080p.

I've been using a Dell U2410f and a Dell U2211h, both color calibrated, for the better part of a decade now... Maybe this year will be the year I finally upgrade... my GTX 1080 is really hungry to tear into a higher resolution.

I went from a Dell U2312HM (23" 1080p IPS) to an Acer XB271HU (27" 1440p IPS G-Sync 165Hz) last year. A truly amazing display, movement is so smooth! well worth the (huge sum of) money. I would NEVER go back to 60Hz

I've had the same monitor since September 2006. I cannot believe that. Dell UltraSharp 2407WFP. What I find most amazing about it is that when you hear the year 2006, it's such a long time ago that people think primitive. But everyone who sees my monitor gets wowed by it, because the display just looks so much better than anything they're used to. I remember like 5 or 6 years ago telling someone that the monitor was 4 or 5 years old, and they were absolutely shocked by it. Again, because of the perception that anything old is primitive. And that's really what I'm trying to write about here, that assumption.

I have a standard 1080p LG monitor, around 23' and an UHD 4K LG TV that I use a lot for gaming. I would like to get a 4K+HDR monitor with Freesync or Gsync, but those are too expensive.

Lg 34 inch 2560x1080. It will last a year or two than 4k 32 inch might be reasonable.

I've been using DELL U3014 for the last 3 years, one with perfect image quality and resolution of 2560x1600.

I am not planning to change, because an ideal replacement would be 5120x3200, 30", which doesn't exist, plus it would require an expensive video card upgrade, which is otherwise pointless, as I barely ever play any games.

Hanns-G HL273, 23" 1080p. It's a bit old but I got it for £30 because it had a dead pixel, which I fixed.

Back