Weekend Open Forum: Your last meal

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

Let's take a break from the usual tech talk. Here's the situation: you have a day to live and one last dinner to eat. What would it be? Takeout from your favorite pizza joint? Your grandma's world famous macaroni and cheese? Liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti? 

I think I'd keep things simple: a peanut butter and honey sandwich with a large cup of black coffee. By the way, that monstrosity below is Japan's Windows 7 Whopper.

open forum wof

Permalink to story.

I don't think I'd eat. I don't really have a comfort food...or any type of emotional attachment to food that I'm familiar with. I don't know what I'd do with my time but eating would be last on my list.

Well, if blindness is not an issue, then 64 slices of American cheese.

But probably a few pounds of carne asada would do me nicely, or pretty much any kind of roasted animal flesh.

Hell's Kitchen dish from Eastside Marios, with a large bowl of Cesar salad and a large jones soda rootbeer float.

octopus ceviche -> white rice, mashed potatoes, breaded carne -> cherry babarua -> orange juice from el manaba

"DEAD STEER WALKING........"!
Let's take a break from the usual tech talk. Here's the situation: you have a day to live and one last dinner to eat. What would it be? Takeout from…

Well, New York Strip Steak, sauteed mushrooms, Sweet corn on the cob, and of course, baked potato...! :)

And for dessert... a hot fudge over french vanilla ice cream sundae.

Wash the whole thing down with the real vitamin "C", good old fashioned Coca-Cola. (I'm a creature of habit that hates Pepsi.).

The after dinner mints? Why Xanax of course.......;)

gwailo247 said:
Nima304 said:
Muffin tops. Lots of muffin tops. You know, muffins without the bottom parts?

Chubby girls in tight fitting tops?
Hey, I don't think there was any stipulation about how many calories could be ingested...although that might be a moot point if they don't come with "bottom parts"...sort of a "Boxing Helena" type scenario I presume.

As for real food...

Duck Confit over pomme puree with honey glazed carrots, deep-fried mushrooms, oven roasted balsamic vinegar marinated tomatoes, steamed snow peas, and finished with a pinot noir and vanilla jus

I'll take a 10oz. filet mignon rare, with boiled lobster tail and steamed asparagus w/ lemon. To wash it all down, a bottle of Chateau 1997 Fumé Blanc Reserve.

Profit

I'd go with, my own legs. I might be full after one, but I wouldn't worry about overeating in this kinda situation. I guess I'd just eat as much as I could and then barf it up and keep eating. That works just fine. To me, it's not just food. It's like an intellectual meal. I've always wondered what my legs would taste like, so in that way, it would be satisfying both the body and the mind. It's not that I've put a lot of thought into this. I mean, I haven't even considered what kinda marinade goes with man-legs. I wouldn't eat it raw, you know? I'm not gonna be nasty about it. I'd have to make a proper meal, with brocoli and stuff. Maybe with cheese? I dunno. What do you guys think?

Not sure about 'ethical/other' issues arising out of eating your legs guest, but the most revolting food I've seen people eating was 'cockroaches/cockroach sandwiches' on some TV show ............ (I think it was about Japanese food etc.)

Personally I have absolutely no favorite food, however, I do have a small list of things I dislike, so as long as something is not on that list, I'd go with it.

Intravenous food. I mean, if I'm going to die, it's most likely that I'm not capable of doing much in my current state.

Back