Weekend tech reading: The computer keyboard's evolution

Matthew

When Bill Buxton worked at Xerox's Palo Alto Research Center in the early 1990s, he examined the classic children's homemade telephones: two cups connected by a taut string. He wondered why that same concept couldn't improve computer keyboards. Think about...

[newwindow="https://www.techspot.com/news/50702-weekend-tech-reading-the-computer-keyboards-evolution.html"]Read more[/newwindow]

ramonsterns

"Q&A: Electronic Arts COO fights to lead the new game industry"

Please, do everyone a favor EA and just terminate yourself and sell your assets to people with talent.

Pan Wah

"Q&A: Electronic Arts COO fights to lead the new game industry"
Please, do everyone a favor EA and just terminate yourself and sell your assets to people with talent.
I think this is in the wrong place - topic is "The Computer Keyboard's Evolution":)

ET3D

Ramonsterns, thanks for making me read the EA article. Peter Moore sounds like a pretty smart guy, and I liked some of the things he said there (for example about used games).

Pan Wah

I'm not convinced that using two cups & a piece of string would make an adequate substitute for a keyboard & screen?! :confused:

Zoltan Head

I'm not convinced that using two cups & a piece of string would make an adequate substitute for a keyboard & screen?! :confused:
Absolutely. There's no mechanism to input characters from a cup, also have you tried finding a HDMI to piece-of-string converter? They just aren't available! :'(

Per Hansson

Staff member
The NASA story was a very good read.
When I was a child I dreamed of man going to Mars.

Nowdays I am just reminiscent of man going to moon
Not really expecting any progress to be made in the foreseeable future
It is very sad, in a way mimicking the state of the computer industry
Decades ago we could do so much and there where no end of interesting developments.
Nowdays all I do is look back at the past and feel like progress has stalled.
I want my NCC-1701 Starship!

Latest posts