Westel 6100 not letting me connect to internet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greatings.. I am having trouble accessing the internet, and i believe that it is the modem, or the router having communacation problems with the modem for these following reasons and here is what i have tried to get my internet up and running again...I have looked through the router and all the settings are correct just as i had set them up, so i determined that was not the problem i have refreshed the DHCP and renewed it, but still no luck, so after reading up on network troubleshooting for about an hour and a half I hadn't found any useful information except isolating the branches from the phone line and pluging the phone line directly into the router..but still no luck,(i have it set up through a filter now) after several hours of pacing and hair pulling i came to a desperate solution letting the modem and router sit and take a break..so in a couple hours later i turned both of them on and i got a symptom finally the Power led would flash red and rarley green, but after hoping and resetting the router and modem i had gotten another symptom the Dsl led was flashing green in a steady pattern and after about a minute it turned green and then the internet light turned green and flashes in 10 second intervals... and that is where i am now.. without internet so any help would be greatly welcomed and appreciated thank you

Can you connect to the Internet using the Westel modem only without the router connected? If you can't, it is the modem or the DSL line causing the trouble. You may have a bad DSL adapter somewhere too

Call your Internet Service Provider and ask them to come out, or help you troubleshoot this problem over the phone

Do all your phone jacks have the DSL transformers installed? You could go out and pay $50 or $60 for a new DSL modem on your own

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back