Westell Modem

learninmypc

I was given said modem a few days ago & when I googled it, it said it was Centurylink http://internethelp.centurylink.com/internethelp/modem-westell-7500.html
I DO NOT have CenturyLink for an ISP here so I'm wondering if its still usable?
Originally I was told I could hook up a modem to better my wifi coverage. I'm currently using Ethernet.
At one point when I had it plugged in to ac outlet & ethernet, a pop up said something about another computer was ???
I'd like to know how to update it so if it is ok to use, my landlord will be able to help me if need be. :) TIA :)

Users online at this moment -

Members: 8
Guests: 603 (who can't post)
Robots: 115 (who can't post)

I'd say most of your views are guests and robots. Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question.

I understand, but when you consider it was posted 8 days ago, I still wonder. I know TS has intelligent modem/router knowledgeable people which is why I posted here. I wish I had the answer but I don't. Thank you for your input :)

My ISP lists on their website examples of modems that are compatible with their system although their list might not have every single one. You might check your ISP's website.

Thank you, I appreciate that & all the help with it I can get. Getting tired of googling :) I just don't want to shut our modem/router down by resetting the one I have.

Back