What’s the Best Antivirus for iPhone? None!

learninmypc

You don’t need an antivirus for your iPhone or iPad. In fact, any “antivirus” apps you see advertised for iPhones aren’t even antivirus software. They’re just “security” programs that can’t actually protect you from malware.

There Are No Real Antivirus Apps for iPhone
A traditional antivirus application for Windows or macOS has full access to your operating system and uses that access to scan your applications and files to ensure no malware is running. FULL ARTICLE

Hmm; clearly the author doesn't understand or has a personal bias against Avast. In the article apps for Windows, he claims the custom install choices are "junk". I've annotated my choices here:
upload_2018-5-20_9-1-59.png
First, the product ALLOWS the user to alter/customize the default install and and the first four are not junk, but highly effective tools to make Avast truly proactive (discussed elsewhere). NONE of the Windows Defender / Malware products are proactive as they rely upon the 1990's techniques of scan and repair. Users with SSD storage should be highly concerned with scan, scan, and scan again techniques.

and NO, I am not associated with Avast, but recommend it to one and all.

Back