ATI MOBILITY RAEDON 9600 Series
HL-DT-SD RW/DVD GCC-4243N
Intel(R) 82801DBM Ultra ATA Storage Controller - 24CA
SMC IrCC - Fast Infrared Port
Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad
Agere Systems AC'97 Modem
Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet
Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection
O2Micro OZ711M3 CardBus Controller (3 listed)
O2Micro OZ711M3 CardBus Accelerator
SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio
Intel(R) 82801 DB/DBM USB Universal Host Controler

That's the hardware.

I just got through reloading the OS and Drivers.

What causes the Device Driver Window to open after Boot Up. When it pops up, nothing is listed as either Hardware or results. Hardware Manager shows no conflicts on any hardware or any bad drivers.

What could cause this?

Thanks,
Spencer R. Rackley IV

I just got through reloading the OS and Drivers.

What causes the Device Driver Window to open after Boot Up. When it pops up, nothing is listed as either Hardware or results. Hardware Manager shows no conflicts on any hardware or any bad drivers.
I'm a bit confused by terminology as to exactly which window you say is opening. Do you mean the Device Manager window? Or something else? (double check the window's label to be clear)

If you mean Device Manager, is it also blank if you open Device Manager manually? I did a google and blank device manager sometimes reported with old XP SP2. in any case, you should be running SP3

/* EDIT */
OK. I should use correct terminology as well! :) The window's "title bar" appears across the top of the window. Check the window's "title bar" to see the actual name of the window

Did the upgrade to SP 3. It still does it. The window still pops up. The title is "Device driver installation wizard". It looks like the last window you get when installing a new hardware device successfully.

Let's check 2 things

1. List any Problem Devices
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
  • On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so

2. Let's also check your startups (i googled and found cases of people with an installer listed in their startups which caused similar problem with that same window title)
Download Autoruns. Double click autoruns.exe to run it
> Wait till status in lower left corner says Ready
> Click File->Save, save as a text (.txt) file and attach to a TechSpot post

No Problem Devices

No Problem Devices
Here is the Autoruns .txt file.

Attachments

• AutoRuns.txt
    32.7 KB · Views: 2
Yup. You have the same boot startup file uiucu.exe reported by others.

I couldn't find what it does (other then its from Connexant who provides communication stuff like network adapters and modems).

Some others said they deleted it but i suggest you just DISABLE it. Then you can always re-enable if you think you might need it back.

just run Autoruns again, look for UIUCU about the 9th entry from the top. Just uncheck the box and close autoruns. Should remove it as a startup. you can simply recheck the box anytime in the future if you want
Code:
"UIUCU"	"Conexant Universal Device Install/Uninstall Application"

Back