What controller for PC shooters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lou3

What kind of controller do you prefer for PC shooters? I've always used the keyboard and mouse, but it seems a gamepad might be a better way to go since that's what the consoles use. Are certain gamepad configurations (number of joysticks, etc) optimal for shooters?

keyboard mouse IMO.

I specifically HATE playing FPS games on consoles, because of the lack of keyboard/mouse. Gamepads blow for FPS's IMO.

If you're talking about First Person Shooters then there is no beating a keyboard+mouse combination. If you're talking about shooters like airplane/space shooters then a controller is much easier for most people.

keyboard and mouse. Sometimes gamepad for racing games and gonna get the joystick for flying.

G15 and G9.

In other words keyboard and mouse, only #baddies use controllers.

Thats exactly what I use.

But I actually have 2 G15's (keyboard) The "Gamer" (Blue Keys) and the standard(orange keys)

I also have a G5(mouse) and a G9(mouse). I switch them around depending on what I am doing, and what I am playing.

Has anyone tried the Novint Falcon with the Pistol Grip yet? I've heard great things about it, but have never tried it myself.

Gamepads/controllers are good for 3rd person shooters, but for 1st person shooters a mouse & keyboard are a natural.

I've seen the Novint... looks pretty cool!

Depends on the game IMO. I played Overlord w/ a mouse & KB.
BTW: Overlord is an awesome game IMHO... in terms of fun factor especially!

keyboard and mouse all the way for REAL gamers :D
I only play FPS and some 3rd person games like Splinter Cell's. keyboard/mouse rules all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back